- LVT Care & Maintenance: Initial Maintenance upon completion of installation (and full curing of the adhesive has been reached):
- Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove all installation dust & debris.
- Clean the floor using a simple neutral PH LVT cleaning detergent and well wrung out mop. Ensure the floor surface is completely dry before use as wet floors can be slippery. Ongoing Care & Maintenance:
- Sweep or vacuum the floor regularly to remove dirt, grit particles and dust.
- Prevent stains by wiping up spills immediately.
- Regular mopping using a neutral PH LVT detergent cleaner which you add to water then mop (well wrung) as usual. Ensure the floor surface is completely dry before use as wet floors can be slippery.
- DO NOT use any form of wax or polish that remains on the surface of the LVT as these can cause a slip hazard.
Malmo LVT Flooring is not ultimately scratch or damage proof therefore –
- Use floor protector pads under the feet of all furniture to minimize scratching or damaging the floor surface. Ensure these are regularly cleaned and maintained and replace when necessary.
- Use workstation mats at desks and tables to avoid premature wear from chair castors or chair feet.
- Use mats at any points where footfall is highly repetitive ,such as at kitchen sinks etc to avoid uneven wear patches forming over time.
- Ensure the bottom edge of any doors do not continually make contact with the floor surface when opened or excessive premature wear may occur.
- Use mats at doorway entrances to minimize dirt and grit being carried onto the floor which can then result in scratches appearing. Ensure these are regularly cleaned, maintained and replace when necessary.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods particularly immediately behind glass doors.. During peak sunlight hours use blinds or curtains to minimize direct sunlight on the floor surface as excessive heating of the surface can result in distortion of the planks / tiles.
Cleaning & Maintaining your new Malmo Vinyl Flooring is priority number one following a succesful installation. The more you keep on top of the cleaning the better your Malmo Flooring will look.