Now that you have chosen woodpecker floors for your home, you must be concerned about the cleaning and maintenance. Much like all the types of wooden flooring, woodpecker flooring demands a certain amount of care and maintenance all year round. True, wooden flooring is sturdy when compared to tile flooring, but it still needs good care and maintenance to look its best. Keeping your flooring maintained isn’t too tough and if you can find out one weekend out of your busy schedule, you can keep your flooring looking as good as new.
Installing the wooden flooring is very easy but maintaining them requires a small amount of time investment. You can follow the following points to keep your floors looking fresh:
- If you notice any problems with the finish, polish and quality of your flooring, consult us immediately and we can replace any boards.
- Make a habit of using furniture protector so that the glides of the furniture don’t harm your flooring.
- Sweeping, dusting and mopping should be a regular task at home. If not daily, you should do it on consecutive days.
- As soon as something spills on the floor, clean it immediately, don’t leave it as it could stain your flooring.
- When brushing the floor, it’s best to use a soft brush to avoid scratching the surface of the flooring.
- If you’re planning on moving any heavy furniture be sure to have a team to lift it, pushing it along the floor will cause indentation and scratches. If you can’t lift it, be sure to put a bit of cloth under the feet.
- When mopping the floor, use a dry mop or with as little water as possible. Too much water can soak into the boards and cause them to deform.
- Sports shoes, high heels and cleats should not be worn on the wooden flooring.
- When cleaning your floor with a soap, do not use any oil-based soap as this can wash away the protective layer.
If you have any questions about the maintenance of wooden flooring or would like to get a quote, please get in touch today. You can contact us via email, our contact form or by calling us.